Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's in my way?

If you will read my first post about how I ended up with 2000 old books then this post will make sense to you. You see, to get to the old books I have to somehow create a path to them. They are in the back of the storage unit behind furniture and artwork. My youngest son and I have been there twice alone and have taken down smaller pieces of furniture like end tables and set them out in the hallway of the storage building so that we could get to the art and carry them out. Once past the art, we could actually reach some of the crates with old books in them. Carrying home everything that I could fit in my car trunk and my back seat, I was able to get a few items home and get them dusted. Some of the pictures have glass and some don't. For those that do, I've used a lot of windex to clean and shine them up. I've sold a few on Craig's list which I like because I don't have to worry about shipping.

I've just about got all the artwork home now and I have to tell you it is really crowded inside my house! My oldest son was able to help me move some of the small furniture here last weekend with his truck. So now we have an (almost clear path) to the books. But the books are on the bottom in crates and there's another ton of furniture like chairs and more tables stacked like a house of cards on top of those crates! Next time I go back with my youngest son I will be having him climb and start handing down pieces of furniture to me so that we can set those in the hallway of the storage building and reach more books.

But I want to show you something that I found in all the artwork. This oil painting on canvas is 45 inches tall in the frame and 33 inches wide. The actual painting without frame is 36 inches by 24 inches. So in order to get it into the trunk of my car and bring it home I had to let my backseats down. It's big, beautiful and signed by the artist. I spent about 4 hours yesterday morning google searching everything I could about this artist. His name is Andreas Gyula Bubarnik. Some of his paintings sell for over $5,000. I put this one on Craigs list yesterday around noon for $2,500. I've already received an email question about it but I don't know if there are any serious art collectors in my town or not. Time will tell. Meanwhile, if you've been looking for a Bubarnik Oil painting and you want to buy this one, email me at kmorgan34@gmail.com. You would have to pay for shipping and insurance. If you're interested, let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment